Workers’ Compensation

Areas of Practice


Business and Corporate Law

Criminal Defense

Elder Law

Family Law

Landlord Tenant Law


Personal Injury

Real Estate

Wills, Estates, & Trusts

Workers’ Compensation


The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation system is designed to protect both employees and employers. Employees may be entitled to receive coverage for medical treatment and compensation for lost wages associated with the work-related injury and/or disease. Employers provide for the cost of workers’ compensation insurance while being protected from direct lawsuits by employees.

The Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act covers most full-time, part-time and seasonal workers. Most businesses, regardless of size, are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Non-profit corporations and unincorporated business entities are included in the list of businesses that must comply with the Act.

Volunteers and independent contractors may not be covered by the state workers’ compensation law because they are not considered employees, but they still have options for compensation for injuries while working in those roles.

The workers’ compensation attorneys at Williamson, Friedberg & Jones are experienced in helping employees in a wide range of industries navigate Pennsylvania’s workers’ compensation system.

At WF&J we help clients:

  • Understand Pennsylvania workers’ compensation law and guide them through the benefits application process
  • File claims with the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation if the initial claim is denied and represent clients at hearings before Administrative Law Judges
  • Review documents and advise on which the client is required to sign
  • Make sure clients are receiving the full benefits to which they’re legally entitled

Even if your claim has been accepted, it is important to meet with an experienced attorney to ensure that you are receiving all of the benefits you are entitled to. If you need help with a workers’ compensation claim, please contact us.

Meet workers’ compensation attorney James E. Crossen III

Contact Williamson Friedberg & Jones

For urgent questions, please call us at (570) 622-5933.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.